Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I think my cardiomyopathy is a form of gulf was syndrome.

By Anonymous January 25, 2011 - 3:25pm
Rate This

Diagnosed with diadetes Dec 2003, diagnosed with CM Mar 2004. Ejection fraction of 19%, almost died. How can I get the VA to change my status from non active duty disabled, to active duty disabled/ since it probably was a bad anthrax injection which infected my heart.

Add a Comment1 Comments

Expert HERWriter Guide Blogger

Anon - You will need to work with the Veterans Administration to do this. The main website is:
This link takes you to local offices where you can seek the support you need: http://www.va.gov/landing2_locations.htm
The Gulf War Veteran Resource Pages may also help you:

January 25, 2011 - 5:07pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Cardiomyopathy Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!