Facebook Pixel

I have been suffering Vulvodynia, for about 9 years now the Doctors have been giving me creams, and nerve tablets but haven't helped Do i ask him if i can have a skin graft

By February 6, 2011 - 11:46pm
Rate This

Add a Comment2 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

I too have suffered with vulvodynia. In 2003 I had kenalog injections, It gave me relief for about 8 months. In 2005 I had another set of injections, again 8 months of relief. Then in 2007 My ob did a vestibuarectomy this gave me 4 years of relief. Now I am suffering from this pain again. My Doctor who was able to help me has retired. So now I am just suffering with no hope. I am not sure why the surgery is the last result. It makes me mad that the Doctors make you do so much and suffer for so long before the they will do that procedure.

August 6, 2011 - 10:07pm

Hi Hobbs,

I'm sorry you are going through this! Have you exhausted all forms of treatment? 9 years is a long time so if all other treatments have not helped at all you can definitely bring up surgery to your doctor. I know that some doctors may be hesitant and will perform surgery as a last resort but 9 years is a long time to wait for the pain to subside.

Let us know what he says and keep an open mind to a second opinion. Here is some more info from our Vulvodynia page. https://www.empowher.com/condition/vulvodynia

February 7, 2011 - 6:46am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Vulvodynia Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!