Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

hi my doc told me tht i have pid over 10mos ago now i shill have very bad pain in i think they dont care what can i do im soo weak in from The pain i dnt want to do any thing cuz it hurts so bad!

By Anonymous December 26, 2011 - 9:55pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,

Welcome to EmpowHER. 

If you are diagnosed with milder PID, you will usually be given an antibiotic injection or shot, and then sent home with antibiotic pills to take for up to 2 weeks. You will need to closely follow up with your health care provider.

More severe cases of PID may require you to stay in the hospital. Antibiotics are first given by IV, and then later by mouth. Which antibiotic is used depends on the type of infection. Complicated cases that do not improve with antibiotics may need surgery.  It's important to get a second opinion from a another doctor. If you feel your present Dr. is not doing anything and your pain continues.

Here's a link that might be helpful




December 27, 2011 - 5:19am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

Get Email Updates

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!