Beneficial Tips for Promoting Wellness and Ensuring a Happy Life
I believe we’ve been put on God’s green earth to experience as much as possible to help us grow and become wiser. Life is meant to be enjoyed and fully cherished.
As women, we all deserve to be happy - free from worry and negative vibes. To enjoy a fun-filled life, we first need to be active and energetic, having a sound mind and healthy body.
Let’s consider some essential tips that will help keep us active and fill our lives filled with love, wellness and happiness.
Taking good care of your body
- Drink more clean water and reduce your intake of artificially sweetened drinks. Avoid junk food and get on a healthy diet regimen. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. It’s always better to consume more fresh, non-genetically modified organic foods. Processed and preserved foods expose the body to carcinogens and other toxic agents.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s therefore important that you don’t miss breakfast, as this kick-starts the body’s metabolism, which has slowed down during the night’s sleep. It supplies the body with the blood sugar needed to start an active day. It’s best to have a large breakfast, don’t miss lunch, and see to it that you eat supper before 8.30pm. Eating heavy foods before going to bed keeps your body from achieving the required state of rest that is necessary for proper sleep.
- Fermented foods - such as yogurts - are known to enhance the activity of body-friendly microbes, especially those found in the digestive system. It is therefore advisable to consume these foods regularly.
- Exercise often and take plenty of healthy fluids (as stated earlier). The benefits of frequent exercise include (but are not limited to): wards off depression; keeps bones strong and prevents osteoporosis; keeps you active; gives you a healthy body mass while building and adding bulk to your muscles; and helps the body to be resistant to fatigue and illness. Consider engaging in at least thirty minutes of exercise, three to four times a week. However, if you face a busy schedule, it’s advisable to consider a form of passive exercise. For instance, take the stairs rather than the elevator. You could walk through the park at weekends. Consider parking your car for a while and instead cycle to work. You’ll also cut down on fuel expenses.
- Adequate exposure to mild sunlight is known to provide the body with a boost of vitamin D, which is known to keep teeth and bones healthy. Vitamin D also boosts the immune system and keeps the brain and nervous system healthy. It’s also known to prevent the development of cancerous cells.
- It is often advised to get regular medical check-ups. Do not visit your doctor only when you feel sick. Some illnesses can be detected early enough and prevented, saving you the stress of actually becoming sick and spending much more time and money on on actual treatment. Taking proactive measures is always the best policy.
Ensure you keep a healthy mind
Mental well-being is as important as physical well-being.
- Limit your negative physical and mental stress and try to get at least six hours of sleep daily. It’s important to adopt the policy of going to bed early. Keeping early nights makes you stronger in the morning. You’ll find that you achieve more during the day as opposed to when you stay up late. Nothing beats facing the new day with a clear mind and a well-rested body.
- Try to adopt a positive outlook on life. See the glass as half full, rather than half empty. Fill your life with people and activities that expose you to positive vibes and make you happy. Find the courage to get rid of the toxic people and activities that diminish your quality of life.
- It’s easy to notice that a troubled mind often results to a tired body. Life is easier when you share your burden with a listening ear. You can shed your blues easily when you find a positive channel via which to let them out.
- Have an active social life. It’s important to try as much as possible to avoid isolation. Therefore, make friends with people of different ages.
The most important part of staying healthy is making sure you keep safe. Avoid reckless driving and always follow traffic rules; put your helmet on or affix that seat belt before you turn the key; indulge only in safe sex; install fire alarm systems and always keep a fire extinguisher handy (at home, in the office, and in your car); and ensure you adopt other safety measures that will guarantee your health and security.