Facebook Pixel

Dual Diagnosis Join this Group

Where can you find help for your spouse who is suffering from dual diagnosis

By September 24, 2011 - 7:33pm

I've been trying to find out where I can get help for my husband who suffers from dual diagnosis. The doctors we've been to only address the depression part of our problem and not the addiction.

By July 15, 2012 - 10:14pm

CeDAR @ the University of Colorado Hospital specializes in treating these disorders.

The psychiatrists are board certified addictionologists

With an excellent family program to assist family and friends of co-occurring disorders. This 5 day program is open to anyone even if you do not have a person in the residential program at CeDAR. This helps greatly if your loved one is not at the stage where they are ready to enter a treatment facility. Recovery begins within a family system and often the first person to enter recovery is not the "identified-patient".

CeDAR is a facility I can highly recommend as a former employee I have professional knowledge of the program, its clinical staff and administrative management. Plus the alumni group and aftercare support of the patient and their family is excellent as well.

July 15, 2012 - 10:14pm

Group Leader

Related Topics


Problems in dealing with "disorders" such as mental disabilities and addictions.


Phoenix, AZ


This Group is Open to all EmpowHER.com members