PCS treatment depends on your symptoms. Talk with your doctor about the best treatment plan for you. Treatment options include the following:
- Over-the-counter medications to reduce the severity of headaches
- Antidepressants to help reduce depression and anxiety
- Nerve blocks to relieve severe, nerve-injury induced pain/headaches
- Talking with a mental health professional about the problems you are having related to PCS
- Learning how to cope with those problems in your life
- Learning skills and training to start or resume a career
Neurotherapy (also called biofeedback) is a painless treatment using computers to help you learn how to modify your brainwaves to improve attention and memory.
In some cases, a collection of blood in an area of bruising on the brain may require surgery, which may help resolve or improve symptoms.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2022 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.