Treatment of Cushing's syndrome depends on the cause.
- Surgical removal of tumor
- Surgical removal of part, all, or both adrenal glands
- Radiation for some persistent tumors
- Gradual withdrawal of cortisone-type drugs (under close medical supervision)
- Drugs that decrease cortisol production or block the functioning of other adrenal products
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2022 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.