Does the thought of camping out in the wild leave you worried about cleanliness? Though the great outdoors offers excitement and a trip to remember, for those concerned about personal hygiene, such enthusiasm is often dampened by the mere thought of existing in such make-do conditions!
However, it doesn’t have to be like this, and it’s possible to camp out in the wild and still stay relatively clean as you do so. Just follow these quick tips and tricks during your outdoor adventures:
• Keep plenty of hand sanitizer with you: Not just a great way of keeping you healthy when out and about in the wild, hand sanitizer is also a brilliant way of refreshing you in an instant.
• Take a couple of soft wash towels with you: Baby wash towels are great for this job as they aren’t only ultra-soft, but merely need rinsing by hand to allow you to reuse them again each time. Try using these instead of wipes, which aren’t good for the environment.
• Keep your toiletries travel sized: The biggest problem with camping in the wild is not being able to take too many toiletries with you, as it just isn’t practical. There are however many travel sized bottles that you can take instead such as combined items including shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel, for example.
• Take a decent sized spray bottle: This can be filled with water to keep you fresh and clean as you move around. A squirt on the wrists can also cool you down when it gets too hot outside, or you can just use it as a quick refresher throughout the day.
• Consider adding baby powder to your bag: Baby powder is handy when used to soak up excess oil, so a small tub is worth taking to use on the hair and skin. This is great if you find yourself sweating or feeling greasy throughout your trip.
• Keep hair tied up and away from the face: Hair can become greasy when left unwashed for a few days, especially when camping out in the wild. Keep it tied back and away from the face as to not aggravate the greasiness. Also, consider wearing a hat or head scarf if you can’t get to wash your hair.
• Have enough clean underwear to last your trip: There’s nothing more uncomfortable than having to wear yesterday’s dirty underwear because you haven’t been able to find anywhere to clean them. Ensure you have at least one clean pair per day. The same goes for socks - the more, the better here!
• Remember that toilet paper is essential: Finally, being caught out without any toilet paper can instantly make you feel dirty. Take a couple of rolls with you, perhaps the scented and luxury stuff, for instant freshness.
I'm an author and blogging enthusiast writing for wisepick.org and sharing my ideas about health and home improvement.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.
Add a Comment1 Comments
Thank you for this great Share about staying clean and happy while enjoying the outdoors!June 25, 2018 - 7:07am