Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

What kind of docotor to consult for PILONIDAL CYST?

By Anonymous October 13, 2010 - 4:54am
Rate This

I mean which kind of specialist do I need to visit...

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anonymous

It is common to start with a family practitioner, pediatrician, or a dermatologist for diagnosis but if the problem requires surgery, and they often do, you will likely end up with a general surgeon. The Pilonidal Support Alliance website has a lot of helpful information and one of the things they suggest is to see a colorectal surgeon because their feeling is surgeons in this specialty have seen more of these cases.

We have information on pilonidal cysts: https://www.empowher.com/condition/pilonidal-cyst.

Check out the website for Pilonidal Support Alliance: http://www.pilonidal.org/education/whatisit.php. I think you'll find it really helpful. If we can help you further don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for writing, and good luck to you.

October 13, 2010 - 6:18am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Pilonidal Cyst

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Pilonidal Cyst Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!