Facebook Pixel

vulvar pain

By August 9, 2014 - 2:14am
Rate This

I had a hysterectomy about 15 years ago, i have one ovary and one tube . since then i have burning pain all the time and when i have sex . I have tried creams ,and they haven't helped. Is there a diet i can go on that my help. I also got menopause. I hope you can help me.

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello hobbs,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns. Have you discussed with pain with your gynecologist? Are there any visible lesions on your vulva?

Vulvodynia is defined as "vulval pain in the absence of relevant visible physical findings, or a specific clinically identifiable neurologic disorder". (pelvic pain support network)

Persistent inflammation and persistent infections can cause irritation to the tissue. The use of over-the-counter preparations may make the condition worse as anti-fungal creams may irritate the skin and may play a role in the onset of vulvodynia.

This is general information. You will get a more direct answer by consulting your physician.


August 10, 2014 - 11:28am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Vulvodynia Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!