Facebook Pixel

I'm in a lot of pain

By March 18, 2016 - 11:03pm
Rate This

Hi I have a question to ask which is its been awhile I have a lot of pain In my right pelvic bone and my GYN didn't know what to say. I have fibroids and I found out that due to having fibroids it causes you to have pelvic pain. Nothing is helping me for pain and I can't stand it, I have back problem to and I thought it's related to this and my doctor told me it's not. My other doctor who's a oncologist/general surgeon I want to know in my situation do you think I should say this to him? I'm to uncomfortable from pain and I don't know what to do. Please let me know soon.

Add a Comment2 Comments


Hello and thanks for choosing EmpowHer,

Since the pain is caused by the fibroids, they need to be treated in order to reduce the pain.
I have listed surgical and non-surgical treatments below.

--hormonal contraception
--eat a high percentage of plant-based foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans). Plant-based foods support the body’s ability to eliminate toxins and excess estrogens in the body.
--maintain a heavy weight for your height (excess fat acts as an added source of estrogen in the body)
--avoid eating canned foods or from plastic containers (both can contaminate your food with chemicals and toxins)
--Avoid using the microwave.

--Hytsteroscopic myomectomy
--Uterine artery embolization
--Endometrial ablation

Below I have pasted links to HER article that further explain these treatments.

Nonsurgical: https://www.empowher.com/uterine-fibroids/content/what-are-my-options-treating-fibroids?page=0,1
Surgical: https://www.empowher.com/uterine-fibroids/content/fibroids-symptoms-and-treatments

I hope that helps.

March 19, 2016 - 11:30am
(reply to fchacon)

Thanks for letting me know. I'm seeing a naturopathic doctor for this and other reasons to because I have thyroid problem and takes time until I solve this problem mean while being in pain like this I don't know what to do. My GYN doesn't understand that it's due to fibroids I'm thinking if I say this to my oncologist would you think it makes sense to get his opinion about what I can do about this because every moment my pain gets severe and I can't take it? Would you think my oncologist know better about this than my GYN? Please let me know about this.

March 19, 2016 - 8:41pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Ovarian Cysts

Get Email Updates

Ovarian Cysts Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!