Facebook Pixel

i have something all over me

By July 1, 2009 - 5:17am
Rate This

is there anyone that can help me and tell what tthis is. i have like little bump that come go. there are mainly on my stomch and my neck and my back they are really itchly and they come and go and it making my skin really red. is there anyone that know what it is and how i can treat it.please

Add a Comment1 Comments

Lovebug, it sounds to me like you might be allergic to something. Have you ever heard of hives?

Hives are like you describe -- they are red, itchy bumps that can spread over your skin and make it red.

Here are some pictures of hives; do any of these look like your skin?


I have a friend who gets hives if she eats something that she is allergic to. On her, it looks like she has tiny little mosquito bites all over her neck and chest.

About 15-20 percent of people get hives. They can be due to allergies, heat, stress, exercise, pressure or water. Some people aren't ever sure what causes them.

How often does this happen to you? It might be a good idea to get a small notebook and whenever you have an attack of the hives, think back and write down everything you have done and eaten in the few hours before you got the hives. You might find that something you are doing or eating or drinking is responsible for your attacks.

That page sells a product at the bottom, and I don't ordinarily link to a page that sells a product, but it had a good selection of hives pictures that I wanted you to see.

So what can you do about them, besides keeping a notebook or asking a doctor?

A health page from Brown University says the following:

"The best drug for widespread hives is an antihistamine. It may not cure the hives, but it will reduce their number and relieve itching. Benadryl or its generic equivalent is available without a prescription. It comes in both liquid and tablet form. Benadryl may cause drowsiness, so do not drive while taking it. Continue taking your antihistamine for a day or two until you are sure the hives are completely gone. Your medical provider can prescribe a non-sedating antihistamine if necessary."

Here's that link:


Do you think hives is what you've got? Or is your rash different?

July 1, 2009 - 8:21am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Skin Rash

Get Email Updates

Skin Rash Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!