Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have mood swings that can instantly change and anger issues and times of periodic sadness and crying

By Anonymous September 19, 2019 - 2:16am
Rate This

Should i and where do i or should i seel treatment and could it be harmful to self

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hello Anon

Thank you for reaching out!

With proper, qualified counseling, it is not self-harming to seek help.

You should talk to a medical doctor first, to check your hormone counts and to talk about what is going with your moods. You may have a hormone imbalance or a chemical imbalance in your brain. Or your moods may be due to the environment around you - stress from work, school, family, relationships or your physical health.

You may find that changing your environment may help or you may find talk therapy helpful. If that doesn't work, perhaps some medication may help - or a combination of all three.

Talk to your doctor first and take it from there.

Please stay in touch with us and let us know how things are going.


September 19, 2019 - 4:50pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.