Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

how do i stop the body acne?

By Anonymous October 11, 2010 - 6:14pm
Rate This

I have just started getting pimples in weird spots on my body, under the arms on my butt, randomly on arms and upper legs for about 4 months now. Now my boyfriend has been getting some, too? what could this be and how should i treat them?

Add a Comment1 Comments

Expert HERWriter Guide Blogger

Anon - Thank you for writing and sharing your situation. While you've refered to these outbreaks as "pimples" and "body acne" they may be something entirely different.Since you and your boyfriend are now both dealing with this, and acne is not contagious, you should seek medical attention so that the condition can be diagnosed and appropriately treated.

Until you are able to get in to see your doctor you may find it helpful to read our information about blisters:
* Fluid-filled bump on the skin, often round
* Fluid is usually clear, but may be bloody

Causes of blisters include:
* Viral infections, such as chickenpox or shingles
* Fungal infections such as athlete’s foot
* Contact dermatitis, such as poison ivy or oak
* Allergic reactions, drug reactions, certain cancers, and inflammatory conditions

We hope you are able to see your doctor soon. Pat

October 11, 2010 - 6:38pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Blisters Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!