Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

doctors that can insert a paise maker in the stomach in California

By Anonymous March 31, 2011 - 1:51pm
Rate This

he was misdignosed 6 times and in hospitals so many times until we finally said thats enough so we took him to the mayo clinic thats were they found out it was gastroparesis the doctor told us he would get better so we beleaved him but now he is so bad we dont no what to do we found out he needs a pace maker put in his stomach and the only place we found that will do this is in texas at texas tech university. when this started my son was at 212 lbs now he is at 112 lbs we got the results back and they said the gastric emptying half-time projected to be 910 minutes. the norm range is 60 to 105 min.we dont have the money to go to texas can some one please help me save my sons life he has never worked because he is so sick all the time he can't hold a job is there any where closer to us that can do this we live in las vegas nv. please help i feel like im watching my son die in front of my eyes im the only one working his father has been laid off work for two years and cant find a job when we both were working we always donated to diferent charities. now we need the help and we need it soon very soon can any one please help us we will repay u back as soon as we get on our feet we are willing to lose our house and everything what ever it takes. when his insurance ran out at the age of 19 there was not a doctor in this town that would see him we even offered to pay cash and his family doctor that he saw for many years even when he was a 7 i do beleave would not see him without ins. i couldnt beleave it my son saw him all the time but of course he was doubled cover all those years. then when it ran out he wouldnt even see him what happened to america these children are sick is it always about the money. now with my husband out of work and im the only income we dont have the money to do anything please help me save my son. i feel like im all alone in this and if we dont get this done soon i dont know what will happen please help thank you so much for listening

Add a Comment4 Comments

Anonymous, what you are talking about is called gastric electrical stimulation. The device is manufactured by Medtronic and the brand name is Enterra Therapy. Doctors all over the country do it; it's not just in Texas. If your son has no insurance, the issue will be how to pay for it. In some states, low income adults are entitled to Medicaid, so you should check that out. If he gets on Social Security disability, he will get Medicaid or, after 2 years, Medicare. Medicaid doesn't always pay for this device, but we would handle the appeal for you if you needed it. In some states, the new Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) is very inexpensive and it's comprehensive insurance. You can look up the premiums at www.healthcare.gov. Sometimes, Medtronic donates a device for free if the doctor and hospital will also donate their services for free. If you would like some more information or assistance, you can reach me at [email protected] (EmpowerHER editors, this is okay to leave public -- it's all over the internet). I'm happy to help you.
Jennifer Jaff
Executive Director
Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc.

June 1, 2011 - 11:36am
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Jennifer Jaff)

I have been looking for a doctor who will put in the pacemaker, to no avail. I'm desperately trying to stop the pain, along with being sick for 4 years. So if you know of anyone, PLEASE HELP!!

Thank You,

May 4, 2012 - 1:34pm
EmpowHER Guest

Punctuation, use it.

April 2, 2011 - 9:59am

Hi Anonymous,
I am so sorry to hear about your situation, struggle to get proper medical care for your son and your family's financial difficulties.

I have a few suggestions to seeking financial assistance with your medical expenses
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services Division of Welfare and Supportive Services
Nevada County Health & Human Services Agency
Your church or local community charities for financial assistance opportunities or organizing a fund raiser to help your family
Has your son applied for Medicaid-since he is disabled and unable to be employed?
I removed your personal information to protect your privacy and to follow our privacy policy.

March 31, 2011 - 5:01pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Gastroparesis Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!