Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Am I experiencing a ruptured cyst?

By Anonymous December 18, 2014 - 10:08pm
Rate This

I have been experiencing a lot amount of pain lately and my doctor and my mom tends to say I'm having ibs which tends to run threw my family history definitely on my mom but she also tells me I probably have an cyst also very common. I've also took a week of antibiotics that was per scripted for me which tended to help but sometimes pain always came back. I hurt on my right side where my ovaries are but the thing that tend to scare me was that I had my period on the 6th of December and I started bleeding again on the 18th of December. I'm not bleeding a lot. i am hurting but not the screaming kinda pain I feel a bit bloated. but not very much symptom's honestly besides pain and bleeding but im also scared of the chance of entopic pregnancy, please help me out I would be very grateful.

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello Anonymous,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community and thank you for reaching out to us for help.

Why were you prescribed antibiotics? Has your physician given you the diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?

Some people whose symptoms are due to an overgrowth of bacteria in their intestines may benefit from antibiotic treatment. Were you told this?

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder that affects the large intestine (colon). Irritable bowel syndrome commonly causes cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea and constipation.

Anonymous, if you are only having pain on the right side, it is possible that there is a cyst on the right ovary.

An ovarian cyst may be found during a pelvic exam. A pelvic ultrasound allows the physician to analyze the image to confirm the presence of a cyst.

Many ovarian cysts do not cause symptoms. Larger cysts can cause pelvic pain just before your period begins or just before it ends.

Symptoms of a ruptured ovarian cyst range from severe vaginal bleeding, to excruciating abdominal pain and fever or nausea.

Anonymous, have you been examined by a gynecologist? I am troubled that you have so many concerns and no clear cut answers.
Vaginal bleeding just days after your period ended is concerning.

My suggestion is to be evaluated by a gynecologist and gastroenterologist.

Please keep in touch,

December 19, 2014 - 9:23am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Ovarian Cysts

Get Email Updates

Ovarian Cysts Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!