Welcome to EmpowHER and thanks for your question! Holistic and natural treatments will not cure tinnitus, but can help alleviate its symptoms. These treatments include:
· Ginkgo biloba and coenzyme Q10 - helps improve circulation to the nerves surrounding the ear and reduces ear ringing.
· Ear candeling (coning) or olive oil – removes wax buildup
· Melatonin – promotes sleep to prevent fatigue (which exasperates the symptoms of tinnitus)
· White noise and background noise – to mask the sounds of ear ringing
· Yoga or tai chi – to promote relaxation
In addition, tinnitus can also be managed by implementing lifestyle changes. Exercising, limiting your use of aspirin (and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), reducing your caffeine intake, and avoiding alcohol and nicotine may help reduce the symptoms of tinnitus.
For other herbal and natural remedies, please consult a natural health practitioner. Do your research to identify any possible risks and consult with an Otolaryngologist (ENT physician) before starting any alternative treatment.
I hope this information was helpful. Please let us know what which of these options work best for you.