Facebook Pixel

Comment Reply

EmpowHER Guest

From your description it sounds like you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) although your doctor will need to run a series of blood tests (usually at least 3 over 3 months) to confirm this.

Also, you would need at least 1 external ultrasound scan of your abdomen and possibly an internal vaginal ultrasound scan. I appreciate your dilemma regarding health insurance and realise this may not be possible.

Consequently, it may be more beneficial to attack your PCOS, if indeed you do have it, from a homeopathic POV. Switching to a low GI diet should start to shift your excess weight, even if you feel unable to exercise. You can simply Google "Low GI Diet" for a food chart to indicate what you can and cannot eat. This will also indirectly help your depression as the hormone problems associated with PCOS will exacerbate this.

Hope this helps. There are plenty of websites which offer more info regarding PCOS so make sure you check them out :)

January 30, 2011 - 5:19pm


Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy