Facebook Pixel

Comment Reply

EmpowHER Guest

Dear anonymous,

I hope you get to read my comments. I am going to be very honest with you. As a black woman, I know exactly what you are talking about. No 2-gallon of water consumption per day, nor healthy foods, nor skin moisturizer will take this away. I have noticed that this is how black people are. Our buttocks are darker than the rest of our body. Why? I am still asking myself the same question. In my opinion, about 70% to 75% of us have this on our behind. I don't want to call it an issue, problem, or abnormality because there is nothing wrong with it. It is just the way God decided to make us.

You know how your knees, elbows, and knuckles are daker than the rest of your body? Well the same applies to the butt. This phenomenon is more noticeable on blacks because we have the highest melanin compared to the other groups of people. However, you can notice it on Indians as well (not native but Indians from India), especially those who are darker than the average Indian person.

the darkness, you are right, starts from the lower back to the upper thighs. But that depends on the individual. It can be seen even on toddlers. It even happens to some light skinned people, and with them it is the more obvious, just like some dark-brown skinned people don't have that.
The majority of blacks have it, like I said, I estimate about 70% to 75% and the other 25% to 30% who don't have it are just the exception. Don't be ashamed of it, as I once was. I have seen some girls wearing short shorts and you could see the blacker parts on the upper thighs. I was embarrassed for them, but apparently they weren't. After all, maybe it is not a bad idea to cover up more than show your goodies to the world. It depreciates your value. You don't see a diamond hanging everywhere. If you did, they that means diamands are not as precious anymore.

Wear clothes that are hip, but still, try to protect and respect your body. Finally, be proud of how God made you. The man of your life, your truly loves you, will cherish the entire package that you are.


March 5, 2009 - 8:47pm


Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy